Thursday, June 21, 2012

Fresh Baguettes or New Mexico Chile? That is the question.

I leave France in less than 24 hours. My bags are packed and we're headed to the airport first thing in the morning. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around this whole idea. Here are some very important very real ways my life will be changing.

Things I'm leaving behind:

  • Ridiculously long meals
  • Cheese
  • Wine
  • Chocolate
  • Baguettes
  • Everything in the Boulangeries
  • French food.
  • Humidity
  • Pretty things. So many pretty things.
  • Greeting everyone with bisous
  • French accents
  • Having legitimate reasons for not understanding anything that is happening around me
  • Being able to correct everyone's English and have them thank me for it. That'll be a tough habit to break!
  • Paris and museums and public transportation and fashionable French people
  • Delightfully old, beautiful, and full of character buildings


Things I'm looking forward to in the US of A:

  • Having extraordinarily clean bathrooms available everywhere I go. In public places even! 
  • Coffee-Mate coffee creamers. Stop judging me. They're good. 
  • My mattress
  • Parking lots. Everywhere. You guys don't understand.
  • Being able to cart my groceries to my car and drive them home instead of carrying them home. 
  • Target
  • not taking the bus. It's not fun anymore.
  • That unique smell of chile and mexican food that is always there to greet me when I fly into the Albuquerque airport
  • Huge heaps of personal space
  • Functional elevators. Those are nice too
  • Driving
  • Being able to carry around giant coffee cups everywhere I go without attracting horrified stares
  • New Mexico sunsets





Yep. These are the things I'm thinking about. Now you know me much better, don't ya?

<a href="http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/6742291/?claim=rugs27r9mkj">Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>

1 comment:

  1. About the parking lots.... yeah I totally understand! I was in Europe just long enough to appreciate those! And about being able to drive and not take the bus all the time! :-) It'll be great to have you back in the states girl! Hope to see you sometime!

    ReplyDelete